All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Pragmatism, comprised of 38 newly commissioned essays, provides comprehensive coverage of one of the most vibrant and exciting fields of philosophy today. * Unique in depth and coverage of classical figures and their philosophies as well as pragmatism as a living force in philosophy.
- Author BiographyJohn R. Shook is Vice President for Research and Senior Research Fellow at the Center for Inquiry, and Research Associate in Philosophy at the University at Buffalo. He is author of Dewey's Empirical Theory of Knowledge and Reality (2000), editor of Pragmatic Naturalism and Realism (2003), and editor of the Dictionary of Modern American Philosophers (2005). He is also co-editor of the journal Contemporary Pragmatism. Joseph Margolis is Laura H. Carnell Professor of Philosophy at Temple University. His recent books include The Flux of History and the Flux of Science (1993), Historied Thought, Constructed World: A Conceptual Primer for the Turn of the Millennium (1995), Interpretation Radical but Not Unruly: The New Puzzle of the Arts and History (1995), and Reinventing Pragmatism: American Philosophy at the End of the Twentieth Century (2002).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/12/2005
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Philosophy
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight984 g
- Width188 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJohn R. Shook,Joseph Margolis
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.