All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to the American Short Story traces the development of this versatile literary genre over the past two centuries. Written by leading critics in the field, it explores a wide range of writers, from Edgar Allen Poe and Edith Wharton, Kate Chopin, and Charles Chesnutt at the end of the nineteenth century.
- Author BiographyAlfred Bendixen, Professor of English at Texas A& M University, is the founder of the American Literature Association, which he currently serves as Executive Director. His books include Haunted Women (1985), an edition of the composite novel, The Whole Family (1986), The Amber Gods and other stories by Harriet Prescott Spofford, (1989), and Edith Wharton: New Critical Essays (1992). He is the associate editor of the Continuum Encyclopedia of American Literature (1999), the co-editor of the recently published Cambridge Companion to American Travel Writing (2009), and one of the five contributing editors to the forthcoming Wadsworth Anthology of American Literature. James Nagel is the Eidson Distinguished Professor of American Literature at the University of Georgia. Early in his career he founded the scholarly journal Studies in American Fiction and the widely influential series Critical Essays on American Literature. Among his twenty books are Stephen Crane and Literary Impressionism, Hemingway in Love and War (which was made into a Hollywood film directed by Lord Richard Attenborough), and The Contemporary American Short-Story Cycle. He has published some eighty articles in the field, and he has lectured on American literature in fifteen countries. In 2005, he was given the lifetime achievement award for contributions to the field by the American Literature Association.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/02/2010
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight1094 g
- Width178 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byAlfred Bendixen,James Nagel
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £8.90Trending at £9.46
- £8.77Trending at £9.03
- £4.16Trending at £4.81
- £3.20Trending at £4.58
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £7.65Trending at £8.59
- £4.99Trending at £5.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.