All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition traces Spain's history from prehistoric times to the present, focusing particularly on culture, society, politics, and personalities.
- Author BiographyWilliam D. Phillips, Jr is Professor Emeritus of History at the University of Minnesota and directed the Center for Early Modern History there from 2001 to 2008. His previous publications include Testimonies from the Columbian Lawsuits (edited, 2000), The Worlds of Christopher Columbus (with Carla Rahn Phillips, 1992, recipient of the 'Spain in America [Second] Prize', awarded by the Spanish government), and Enrique IV and the Crisis of Fifteenth-Century Castile, 1425-1480 (1978). He has also written extensively on the history of slavery, including Slavery in Medieval and Early Modern Iberia (2013) and Slavery from Roman Times to the Early Transatlantic Trade (1985). Carla Rahn Phillips is Union Pacific Professor Emerita in Comparative Early Modern History at the University of Minnesota. Her previous publications include Spain's Golden Fleece: Wool Production and the Wool Trade from the Middle Ages to the Nineteenth Century (1997, with William D. Phillips, Jr, winner of the 1998 'Leo Gershoy' Award of the American Historical Association), Six Galleons for the King of Spain (1986, also winner of the 'Leo Gershoy' award), and The Treasure of the San Jose: Death at Sea in War of the Spanish Succession (2007, winner of the Award for Excellence in World History and Biography/Autobiography of the Professional and Scholarly Publishing Division of the American Association of Publishers).
- Author(s)Jr.,William D. Phillips
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Concise Histories
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note37 b/w illus. 7 maps
- Weight730 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.