All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn and trained in England and a US resident starting in 1976, Reyner Banham wrote incisively about American and European buildings and culture. This title presents a chronological cross-section of essays, polemics, and reviews drawn from more than three decades of Banham's writings.
- Author BiographyReyner Banham (1922-1988) was Sheldon H. Solow Professor of the History of Architecture at the Institute of Fine Arts, New York University, and Professor of Art History at the University of California, Santa Cruz. His many books include Los Angeles: The Architecture of Four Ecologies (1973), Theory and Design in the First Machine Age (1980), and A Concrete Atlantis: U.S. Industrial Building and European Modern Architecture (1986). Mary Banham is an artist, editor, and curator who collaborated with her husband on his books and articles. Paul Barker, for many years editor of New Society, writes and broadcasts on social, environmental, and cultural issues. Sutherland Lyall, Literary Advisor to the Banham estate, has written seven books on architecture, design, and building. Cedric Price is an internationally acclaimed architect. The editors currently live in London.
- Author(s)Reyner Banham
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication18/03/1999
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note32 b/w illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byCedric Price,Paul Barker,Sutherland Lyall
- Volume editorMary Banham
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.55
- £13.11Trending at £19.97
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.90
- £18.34Trending at £23.89
- £7.00Trending at £8.49
- £14.89Trending at £17.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.