All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a part-time worker in a mental hospital meets his old girlfriend inside he is not sure at first is she is a patient. Their reunion is haunted and haunting, and from the memory of their past affair there unfolds a labyrinth which darkens from romantic obsession to feelings deeper and more disturbing.
- Author BiographyColin Thubron is an acknowledged master of travel writing, and the winner of many prizes and awards. His first writing was about the Middle East - Damascus, Lebanon and Cyprus. In 1982 he travelled into the Soviet Union in an ancient Morris Marina, pursued by the KGB, a journey he recorded in Among the Russians. From these early experiences developed his classic travel books: Behind the Wall (winner of the Hawthornden Prize and the Thomas Cook Travel Award), The Lost Heart of Asia, In Siberia (Prix Bouvier) and Shadow of the Silk Road (all available in Vintage). In 2010 Colin Thubron became President the Royal Society of Literature.
- Author(s)Colin Thubron
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/10/2004
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight133 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £7.63Trending at £9.19
- £9.80Trending at £14.13
- £7.99Trending at £10.97
- £7.28Trending at £7.45
- £11.90Trending at £11.99
- £6.90Trending at £8.83
- £10.74Trending at £11.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.