All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Revolutionary United Front (RUF), claimed to be freeing the country from corruption and the brutalities of its political class and their foreign allies, but their insurgency killed more than 75,000 people. This title charts in detail the decade long civil war that brought Sierra Leone to its knees from 1991-2001.
- Author BiographyLansana Gberie is a research associate of the Wilfried Laurier Centre for Miltary, Strategic and Disarmament Studies, and a consultant for Partnership Africa Canada, an Ottawa-based lobby group. He covered the Sierra Leonean civil war as a journalist for the Inter Press Service and newspapers from 1991-6, and was among the first to meet and interview Foday Sankoh, former leader of the RUF, Gberie is one of the authors of The Heart of the Matter: Sierra Leone, Diamonds and Human Security (Ottawa, 2000).
- Author(s)Lansana Gberie
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2005
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Paginationxiv, 224
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £12.09
- £20.77Trending at £21.21
- £14.58Trending at £17.02
- £10.16Trending at £14.53
- £10.59Trending at £11.81
- £11.89Trending at £13.59
- £16.99Trending at £17.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.