All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fully comprehensive, modern field guide to all of the bird species in Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore. Featuring numerous colour illustrations and detailed descriptions of the key identification features, the book will be equally valuable for ornithologists and birdwatchers.
- Author BiographyAllen Jeyarajasingam was born in Kuala Lumpur in August 1959 and has been interested in natural history since he was a child. He has contributed numerous articles and papers in nature magazines and journals in Malaysia and abroad. Allen's expertise has been in demand for consultancy work on surveys and other conservation projects in Malaysia. He has also travelled to Singapore, Japan, Mauritius, Kenya, the UK, and Australia in pursuit of birds. He is an active member of the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) and sits on the Bird Conservation Council of the society. He served as chairman of the council from 1999 - 2002 and was also chairman of the Records Committee from 1998 - 2005. He is one of the editors of the Council's Bimonthly Bulletin SUARA ENGGANG (Voice of the Hornbill). He has co-authored BIRDS - A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore , published by Sun Tree Publishing (Singapore) in 1993. Alan Pearson is a secondary school teacher and freelance bird illustrator with over thirty-five years of experience bird watching around the world. He has illustrated six previous field guides covering Europe and North America, one of which has been translated into seven different languages, and he has contributed work to other books and magazines. Since marrying his Malaysian-born wife Anne twenty-five years ago, he has spent a large amount of time in that country, giving him considerable first-hand experience of the birds there. several publications to his credit.
- Author(s)Allen Jeyarajasingam
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note74 colour plates
- Weight920 g
- Width146 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.12Trending at £11.59
- £9.99Trending at £12.07
- £13.21Trending at £14.82
- £9.02Trending at £9.97
- £30.00Trending at £33.85
- £12.47Trending at £17.46
- £8.99Trending at £11.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.