Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.37Trending at £11.93
- £25.50Trending at £25.83
- £28.61Trending at £36.00
- £11.89Trending at £22.56
- £30.00Trending at £34.27
- £9.50Trending at £10.06
- £17.99Trending at £21.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first textbook on Functional Discourse Grammar, a recently developed theory of language structure which analyses utterances at the pragmatic, semantic, morphosyntactic and phonological level. It focuses principally on English and provides extensive exercises for students to use and evaluate the theory.
- Author BiographyEvelien Keizer is Professor of English Linguistics at the University of Vienna. Her main interest is in the interplay between the discourse-pragmatic, semantic, syntactic, and phonological properties of linguistic expressions. Her overall approach is a functional-cognitive one; more specifically she works within the framework of Functional Discourse Grammar. Her publications include The English Noun Phrase: The Nature of Linguistic Categorization (CUP, 2007) and The Syntax of Dutch: The Noun Phrase, Vol. 1 (Amsterdam University Press, 2011). Her current research interests include syntactic alternations, linguistic categorization, and the analysis of semi-fixed expressions.
- Author(s)Evelien Keizer
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- Series TitleOxford Textbooks in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width181 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.