All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.08
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
- £10.31Trending at £11.50
- £5.02Trending at £6.03
About this product
- DescriptionA Geometry of Approximation addresses Rough Set Theory. It focuses mainly on its logic-algebraic interpretation. The theory is embedded in a broader perspective and this is the first book to place Rough Set Theory in a broad historical and applied setting.
- Author BiographyPiero Pagliani: After studies in Logic, Philosophy of Science, Linguistic, Mathematics and Computer Science, Piero Pagliani graduated in Philosophy at the State University of Milan. Italy. After serving large IT companies, at present Piero Pagliani is a knowledge management consultant. A researcher in the field of algebraic logic and expert systems, he is the author of a number of scientific papers and co-author of three books on Rough Set Theory published by Physica-Verlag. Piero Pagliani had been a lecturer in Model Theory at the Faculty of Computer Science of the University of Rome La Sapienza and gave talks and lectures in China, France, Germany, Japan, Poland, Romania, Canada, USA and India, where he collaborates with the Calcutta Logic Circle and the Department of Pure Mathematics of the University of Calcutta. Mihir K. Chakraborty: Received Masters Degree in Pure Mathematics from the university of Calcutta and Ph. D. in Functional Analysis from the University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India. Tought in several universities. At present Professor of Pure Mathematics, University of Calcutta. Held visiting assignments in variuos institutions and universities of India and abroad. Founder of Calcutta logic circle and mebber of many academic bodies of India and abroad e.g. the editorial board of TRS. Published about 100 articles in international journals. Research interest : Logic, Rough Set Theory, Fuzzy set Theory, Many valued Logics, Non-monotonic Logics, Algebraic Logic ,Functional Analysis, Foundation and philosophy of mathematics and science.
- Author(s)Mihir Chakraborty,Piero Pagliani
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- Series TitleTrends in Logic
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 27
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note39 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1270 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.