All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPubs provided public spaces for occupational groups to meet, for commercial transactions, for cultural activities and for everyday life and work rituals. The issues such as temperance, together with contemporary issues, like the liberalization of licensing laws and the changing nature of Scottish pubs, are discussed in this fascinating book.
- Author BiographyAnthony Cooke is retired Senior Lecturer in Continuing Education at Dundee University.
- PrizesShortlisted for Saltire Society Scottish History Book of the Year Award 2015.
- Author(s)Anthony Cooke
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note23 illustrations, 8 tables in black and white, 1 line art
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £10.90
- £6.68Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.97Trending at £12.07
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.