All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book leading cultural historians come together to examine how the daily activities of Scottish people reflected a constant re-construction of culture, religion, ideology and identity between 1900 and 2000.
- Author BiographyLynn Abrams is Professor of Gender History at the University of Glasgow. Her current research focuses on the social practices of masculinity in Scotland and on theories of oral history. She is convenor of Women's History Scotland. Callum G. Brown is Professor of Religious and Cultural History at the University of Dundee. He is a past editor of the Journal of Scottish Historical Studies. Linda Fleming undertook postgraduate studies (funded by the AHRC) at the University of Glasgow, and obtained her PhD in 2005. Her thesis examined the operation of gender in the formation of the Jewish community in Glasgow over the period 1880 to 1950. From 2001, she contributed teaching on undergraduate courses within the departments of Modern History and Economic and Social History at Glasgow. She joined the SCOB team in 2006 as a researcher for the Scottish Readers Remember project and contributes teaching at Napier on the history of reading, and on oral history methodology. Linda's wider research interests include the social and cultural history of modern Scotland, British women's history in the 19th and 20th centuries, and the theory and application of oral history. She is a member of the Steering Committee for Women's History Scotland. Arthur J. McIvor is Reader in History, University of Strathclyde.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleA History of Everyday Life in Scotland
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note9 black & white halftones
- Weight472 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCallum G. Brown,Lynn Abrams
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £20.23Trending at £20.58
- £8.74Trending at £11.73
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £9.48Trending at £10.41
- £11.45Trending at £11.57
- £12.20Trending at £12.98
- £15.90Trending at £18.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.