All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a detailed introduction to the development of the German language from the earliest reconstructible prehistory to the present day. It is supported by a companion website and is suitable for language learners and teachers and students of linguistics, from undergraduate level upwards.
- Author BiographyJoseph Salmons is the Lester W.J. Smoky Seifert Professor of Germanic Linguistics at University of Wisconsin, Madison. He holds a BA in Philosophy (UNC-Charlotte, 1978) and a PhD in Germanic Linguistics (University of Texas, 1984). His research, teaching and outreach work all focus on speech sounds and language change, drawing data particularly from Germanic languages, including current Wisconsin English.
- Author(s)Joseph Salmons
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- Language(s)English & German
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteMaps, Illustrations, Tables, Charts
- Weight726 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.83Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.