All listings for this product
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £23.09Trending at £23.73
- £9.86Trending at £10.10
- £7.64Trending at £8.32
- £10.03Trending at £15.37
- £15.29Trending at £18.11
- £17.30Trending at £21.58
- £12.06Trending at £14.94
About this product
- DescriptionFakhry discusses Islamic thought and its effect on the cultural aspects of Muslim life. In the final chapters, he examines the rise of pan-Islamism and the many currents it has generated in the last two centuries, including secularism and fundamentalism, which are still pitted against each other throughout the Muslim world.
- Author BiographyMajid Fakhry is professor emeritus of philosophy at the American University of Beirut and adjunct professor at Georgetown University. He is the author of several books, including Averroes: His Life, Works, and Influence; Islamic Philosophy, Theology, and Mysticism; Ethical Theories in Islam; Al-Farabi, Founder of Islamic Neoplatonism; and Philosophy, Dogma, and the Impact of Greek Thought on Islam, in addition to fifteen titles in Arabic. He has recently published a translation of the Qur'an entitled An Interpretation of the Qur'an: A Bilingual Edition.
- Author(s)Majid Fakhry
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight726 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.