A Mountain in Tibet: The Search for Mount Kailas and the Sources of the Great Rivers of Asia by Charles Allen (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.50Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by ebookmole
- Est. delivery by 22 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout the East there runs a legend of a great mountain at the centre of the world, where four rivers have their source. Charles Allen traces this legend to Western Tibet where there stands Kailas, worshipped by Hindus and Buddhists alike as the home of their gods and the navel of the world. Close by are the sources of four mighty rivers: the sacred Ganges, the Indus, the Sutlej and Tsangpo-Brahmaputra. For centuries Kailas remained an enigma to the outside world. Then a succession of remarkable men took up the challenge of penetrating the hostile, frozen wastelands beyond the Western Himalayas, culminating in the great age of discovery, the final years of the Victorian era. A Mountain in Tibet is an extraordinary story of exploration and high adventure, full of the excitement and colour.
- Author BiographyCharles Allen is the author of a number of bestselling books about Indian and the colonial experience elsewhere. A traveller, historian and master storyteller he is one of the great chroniclers of India.
- Author(s)Charles Allen
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight244 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.70Trending at £10.50
- £6.15Trending at £6.62
- £7.63Trending at £8.09
- £7.19Trending at £9.99
- £5.72Trending at £6.04
- £16.30Trending at £17.10
- £3.59Trending at £3.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.