All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrates how, against the peaks of Mt Everest, avalanches, and Incan cities, the travelers' storytelling becomes an inherently social drama of shared knowledge, values, hierarchy, and aesthetics. Based on forty-five in-depth narrative interviews, this book examines how identities and a sense of belonging emerge on different social levels.
- Author BiographyChaim Noy is an independent scholar currently teaching in the Department of Communication at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Chaim Noy
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- Series TitleRaphael Patai Series in Jewish Folklore and Anthropology
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Weight553 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £8.99Trending at £10.59
- £10.23Trending at £12.66
- £7.44Trending at £8.21
- £6.87Trending at £7.24
- £7.47Trending at £8.08
- £7.76Trending at £8.98
- £39.94Trending at £41.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.