All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* A classic account of the British army during the First World War. * Wide-ranging analysis of every aspect of army life and organization. * A vivid portrait of the army at war. * Written by leading experts in the field.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ian F. W. Beckett is Visiting Professor of Military History at the University of Kent. He has previously held chairs at the University of Northampton, the US Marine Corps University, The University of Luton and the US Naval War College, He is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and Chairman of the Army Records Society. His publications include The Great War, 1914-18, Territorials: A Century of Service, The Oxford History of the British Army, Riflemen Form, Haig's Generals, Victoria's Generals, Ypres: The First Battle 1914 and Britain's Part-time Soldiers. Keith Simpson MP Broadland Norfolk, member of the Prime Minister's Advisory Board on Commemorating the First World War, Parliamentary Commissioner on the CWGC, formerly Senior Lecturer in War Studies at RMA Sandhurst.
- Author(s)Ian F. Beckett,John Keegan,Keith Simpson
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight458 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Paginationxii, 276
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £4.68Trending at £6.04
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £5.69Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.