All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £18.74Trending at £24.84
- £25.98Trending at £27.14
- £4.39Trending at £4.74
- £8.99Trending at £9.59
- £8.94Trending at £9.22
- £14.88Trending at £15.33
- £4.83Trending at £4.94
About this product
- DescriptionWolves hold an almost mythical status in the cultural history of Europe and North America. This book analyses the crucial relationship between human ethics, attitudes, and policy and the management of wolf populations in Europe and North America.
- Author BiographyMarco Musiani is an associate professor of landscape ecology at the University of Calgary and is also affiliated with the University of Montana. He was born in Rome, the city of the famous she-wolf, and has conducted research and published internationally on wolf management. Currently, his research focuses on genetics and movements of wolves and other large mammals in Canada and the United States. Luigi Boitani is the head of the Department of Animal and Human Biology at the University of Rome and a leading authority on wolves. He has conducted an extended series of research and conservation projects on the Italian wolf population, which has recovered dramatically in the last thirty years. He has authored more than two hundred peer-reviewed scientific publications and eight books. Paul Paquet is an adjunct professor with the faculties of Biology and Environmental Design at the University of Calgary. Dr. Paquet has studied wolves for more than thirty-five years and is considered an authority on carnivore ecology with international research experience. He has published more than a hundred peer-reviewed articles. Dr. Paquet serves on various international government and NGO advisory committees and was the founder and director of the Central Rockies Wolf Project in Canmore, Alberta.
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2009
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Note24 colour photos, 8 drawings, 6 maps & tables
- Weight455 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBrian Roell,Luigi Boitani,Marco Musiani,Paul Paquet
Most relevant reviews
- older_frog15 Nov, 2016by
Like wolves ? - this is for you
If you like wolves - this is for you
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.