All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA New Nation of Goods highlights the significant role of provincial artisans in four crafts in the northeastern United States-chairmaking, clockmaking, portrait painting, and book publishing-to explain the shift from preindustrial society to an entirely new configuration of work, commodities, and culture.
- Author BiographyDavid Jaffee teaches at the Bard Graduate Center: Decorative Arts, Design History, Material Culture, where he is also Head of New Media Research.
- Author(s)David Jaffee
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEarly American Studies
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note10 color, 107 b/w illus.
- Weight998 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £25.27Trending at £26.14
- £16.76Trending at £20.49
- £10.16Trending at £14.39
- £11.45Trending at £11.51
- £9.48Trending at £10.15
- £9.72Trending at £12.99
- £6.45Trending at £12.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.