All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the attitudes towards music in the early church. This book challenges Christians to learn from the wisdom of the early church as they seek to explore appropriate music. It draws parallels between the pagan cultures of the 2nd and 3rd centuries and our multicultural realities, to comprehend the musical ideas of early Christian thinkers.
- Author BiographyCalvin R Stapert is Professor of Music at Calvin College, Michigan, USA. A founding member of the Forum for Music and Christian Scholarship, he is also the author of My Only Comfort: Death, Deliverance and Discipleship in the Music of Bach.
- Author(s)Calvin R. Stapert
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.87Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.