All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Edwin Zondervan
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note61 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsThe role of models in chemical engineering Introduction The idea of a model Model building Model analysis Model solution strategies Summary Exercises Errors in computer simulations Introduction Significant digits Round off and truncation errors Break errors Loss of digits Ill conditioned problems (Un-)stable methods Summary Exercises Linear equations Introduction MATLAB Linear systems The inverse of a matrix The determinant of a matrix Useful properties Matrix ranking Eigenvalues and eigenvectors Spectral decomposition Summary Exercises Elimination methods Introduction MATLAB Gaussian elimination LU factorization Summary Exercises Iterative methods Introduction Laplace's equation LU factorization Iterative methods The Jacobi method Example for the Jacobi method Summary Exercises Nonlinear equations Introduction Newton's method D Newton's method D Reduced Newton step method Quasi Newton's method Summary Exercises Ordinary di erential equations Introduction Euler's method Accuracy and stability of Euler's method The implicit Euler method Stability of the implicit Euler method Systems of ODE's Stability of ODE systems Sti ness of ODE systems Higher order methods Summary Exercises Partial di erential equations 1 Introduction Types of PDE's The method of the lines Stability Summary Exercises Partial di erential equations 2 Introduction Transport PDE's Finite Volumes Discretizing the control volumes Transfer of heat to fluid in a pipe Simulation of the heat PDE Summary Exercises Data regression and curve fitting Introduction The least squares method Residual analysis ANOVA analysis Confidence limits Summary Exercises Optimization Introduction Linear programming Nonlinear programming Integer programming Summary Exercises Basics of Matlab Introduction The Matlab user interface The array structure Basic calculations Plotting Reading and writing data Functions and m-files Repetitive operations Numerical methods in Excel Introduction Basic functions in Excel The Excel solver Solving nonlinear equations in Excel Di erentiation Excel Curve fitting in Excel Case studies Introduction Modeling a separation system Modeling a chemical reactor system PVT behavior of pure substances Dynamic modeling of a distillation column Dynamic modeling of an extraction cascade (ODE's) Distributed parameter models for a tubular reactor Modeling of an extraction column Fitting of kinetic data Fitting of NRTL model parameters Optimizing a crude oil refinery Planning in a manufacturing line Bibliography
- Author BiographyEdwin Zondervan obtained a bachelor degree in chemical engineering at Noordelijke Hogeschool Leeuwarden. In November 2003 he graduated from Groningen University with an M.Sc. in chemical engineering. In November 2007 he obtained his Ph.D. at Groningen University. Zondervan has published in several journals. He currently acts as a reviewer for the Journal of Membrane Science, Computers and Chemical Engineering, Journal of Environmental Management, Industrial Engineering & Chemistry Research, Separation and Purification Technology, and Recent Patent in Chemical Engineering. From 2007 to 2010 he has worked as an assistant professor at Eindhoven University. He recently moved to the Polymer Reaction Engineering group.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.