All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ranabir Samaddar
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication12/10/2016
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Notebiography
- Weight432 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1. The Post-Colonial Bind of Greece.- Chapter 2. Rules of Dialogue: Seven Lessons from the Negotiations between Europe and Greece.- Chapter 3. Europeanism: The Repressed Anxiety of a Trans-National Intellectual Class.- Chapter 4. Human Migration Appearing as a Crisis of Europe.- Chapter 5. Postscript: The Link between the Two Crises.- Select Bibliography.- Greece: Select Events and Analyses (August-April 2015).
- Author BiographyRanabir Samaddar has worked extensively on issues of migration and forced migration, nationalism and post-colonial statehood in South Asia, and new regimes of technological restructuring, labour control, and forms of labour. His recent writings on postcolonial capitalism and India's neoliberal development have signalled a new turn in critical postcolonial thinking. His co-authored work on new towns and new forms of accumulation Beyond Kolkata: Rajarhat and the Dystopia of Urban Imagination (2013) takes forward urban studies in the context of post-colonial accumulation. He is currently Distinguished Chair in Migration and Forced Migration Studies, Calcutta Research Group, Kolkata.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.