All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA play that recounts the tragic death of Patrice Lumumba, the first prime minister of the Congo Republic and an African nationalist hero.
- Author BiographyAime Cesaire (1913-2008) was born in Basse-Pointe, Martinique. Though educated in Paris, he was deeply involved in the struggle for French West Indian rights. He is the author of several volumes of poetry and plays, including Putting in Fetters; Lost Bodies, Decapitated Sun; and The Tragedy of King Christophe. Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak is University Professor in the humanities at Columbia University.
- Author(s)Aime Cesaire
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2010
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width128 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byGayatri Chakravorty Spivak
- Introduction byTariq Ali
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.42
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.