All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.99
- £7.29Trending at £10.99
- £16.71Trending at £19.98
- £43.57Trending at £48.59
- £12.95Trending at £17.02
- £8.24Trending at £11.46
- £10.01Trending at £15.86
About this product
- DescriptionHow do we know what is in the centre of the Earth, or what a black hole is, or where the continents were 600 million years ago? How did anyone ever figure these things out? This book takes us with him on the ultimate eye-opening journey, and reveals the world in a way most of us have never seen it before.
- Author BiographyBill Bryson is much loved for his bestselling travel books, from The Lost Continent to Down Under, but Notes from a Small Island has earned a particularly special place in the nation's heart (a national poll for World Book Day in 2003 voted it the book that best represents Britain). His acclaimed A Short History of Nearly Everything won the Aventis Prize for Science Books and the Descartes Science Communication Prize. He has now returned to live in the UK with his wife and family. www.billbryson.co.uk
- PrizesWinner of Descartes Prize for Science Communication 2005.
- Author(s)Bill Bryson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleBryson
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight371 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- ds.inc19 Jul, 2012by
Awesome - Cannot wait to forget enough so I can read it again.
Absolutely Awesome. One of the best books ever. Certainly THE best book so far since the start of the 20th century. Necessary for every school child.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.