All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe folksongs of Texas' Mexican population pulsate with the lives of folk heroes, gringos, smugglers, generals, jailbirds, and beautiful women. This book presents sixty-six of these songs in bilingual text - along with their music, notes on tempo and performance, and discography.
- Author BiographyManuel Pena is an anthropologist of music and folklore. He has taught anthropology at the University of Texas at Austin and music at California State University, Fresno.
- Author(s)Americo Paredes
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note18 halftones, 1 map, 66 figures
- Weight361 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byManuel Pena
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £97.50Trending at £102.94
- £36.57Trending at £38.28
- £43.28Trending at £61.99
- £23.71Trending at £30.51
- £21.97Trending at £22.98
- £11.70Trending at £12.22
- £4.99Trending at £6.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.