All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)J. Frank Dobie,John D. Young
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1981
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note3 b&w illus.
- Weight390 g
- Width137 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Pagination318 pp
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of Contents* Preface * A Necessary Explanation * I. The Making of a Vaquero * II. The Mossy Horns * III. For Their Hides and Tallow * IV. The Razorbacks * V. The Bloody Border * VI. If Not Law--Then Order * VII. Up the Chisholm Trail * VIII. Bringing in the Strays * IX. Dodging Comanches and Hunting Water * X. Establishing a Ranch on the Plains * XI. From Hell to Breakfast * XII. Billy the Kid Interpreted * XIII. Many Trails * XIV. When the Brush Popped * XV. Brush Country * XVI. The Big Steal and the Break-Up * XVII. The Brasaderos * XVIII. Mustangs * XIX. The Bandana and Other Belongings * XX. The Man with the Iron Hand * XXI. Trans-Pecos * Appendices * Index
- Author BiographyJ. Frank Dobie was a folklorist and author of many books about Texas life and culture.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.05
- £6.17Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £11.71
- £5.70Trending at £7.14
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.