All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the illusion that we would be better off without politics - at least national politics, and perhaps all politics. This title describes a few essential features of democracy and the nation-state, and then shows how these characteristics illuminate many aspects of our present political circumstances.
- Author BiographyPierre Manent teaches political philosophy at L'Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Science Sociales in Paris. His books include An Intellectual History of Liberalism and The City of Man (both Princeton).
- Author(s)Pierre Manent
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- Series TitleNew French Thought Series
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated byMarc A. LePain
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.