All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAligned with the AAP's guidelines for ADHD management, this research-based guide is the key to developing comprehensive, coordinated treatment programs for children in Grades 1 8.
- Author BiographyDr. Wolraich is Chief of the Section of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. He received his M.D. from the State University of New York Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse. Dr. Wolraich completed a p ediatric residency between Upstate Medical Center and the University Oklahoma Health Sciences and completed a fellowship in developmental pediatrics at the University of Oregon Health Sciences Center. Dr. Wolraich has spent more than 30 years in research and clinical service related to attentiondeficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and is a 2003 inductee in the Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD) Hall of Fame. He has also been a major contributor to the development of guidelines for ADHD for primary care physicians by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Wolraich has been an author or coauthor on more than 150 journal articles and book chapters, including articles in the New England Journal of Medicine, Pediatrics, and the Journal of the American Medical Association and chapters in 20 books. His research is funded by the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, Maternal and Child Health Research Program; National Institute on Disabilities and Rehabilitation Research; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation. Currently, he is investigating the prevalence and long-term outcomes of ADHD in five school districts. Dr. DuPaul is Chairperson of the Department of Education and Human Services at Lehigh University. He received his Ph.D. in school psychology from the University of Rhode Island in 1985. Prior to his appointment at Lehigh, Dr. DuPaul was on the faculty at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. He has extensive experience providing clinical services to children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and their families as well as consulting with a variety of school districts regarding the management of students with ADHD. He has been an author or coauthor on more than 160 journal articles and book chapters related to ADHD. He has published four books and two videos related to the assessment and treatment of ADHD. Dr. DuPaul serves on the editorial boards of several journals and is a former associate editor of the School Psychology Review. He is the recipient of the Senior Scientist Award from Division 16 (School Psychology) of the American Psychological Association and was named to the Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD) Hall of Fame in 2008. Currently, he is investigating the effects of early intervention and school-based interventions for students with ADHD as well as the assessment and treatment of college students with ADHD.
- Author(s)George J. Dupaul,Mark L. Wolraich
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.81Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.