All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.34Trending at £7.29
- £10.25Trending at £11.22
- £12.37Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
- £30.25Trending at £30.82
About this product
- Author(s)Richard Munch
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2014
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Sociology
- Series Part/Volume Number121
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 49 black & white tables, 52 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Struggling for Excellence in the Academic Field 1. The New Rules of Science: From Gift Exchange to the Shanghai World League of Universities 2. The Entrepreneurial University: From Homo Academicus to Homo Oeconomicus 3. Constructing Excellence by Evaluation 4. The Monopoly Mechanism in Science 5. From Competition to Stratification: Universities in the Struggle for Funds, Staff and Students 6. The Allocation of Funds and International Fellows Among Universities: Publication Performance versus Accumulated Capital 7. The Allocation of Funds and Reputation Among Departments: Publication Performance versus Accumulated Capital. Conclusion: Universities in the Global Struggle for Excellence. Appendix.
- Author BiographyRichard Munch is Professor of Sociology at the University of Bamberg.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.