CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
About this product
- DescriptionManaging social relationships for childless couples in pro-natalist societies can be a difficult art to master. With ethnographic research gathered in northwestern Turkey, this book explores infertility & assisted reproductive technologies within a secular Muslim population & how social experience leads to a decision for (or against) having an IVF.
- Author BiographyMerve Demircioglu Goknar is a medical anthropologist who specializes in reproduction, gender and religion. Her research interests include local healing practices and Buddhism in Sri Lanka, assisted reproductive technologies and infertility in Turkey, and birth experiences of women and parenting practices in California. She is currently an independent researcher.
- Author(s)Merve Demircioglu Goknar
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFertility, Reproduction & Sexuality
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Weight476 g
- Width150 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.