All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.86
- £6.41Trending at £7.34
- £9.26Trending at £11.41
- £11.51Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £5.71Trending at £7.27
- £6.53Trending at £6.97
About this product
- DescriptionAcoustic Emissions techniques have long been studied in civil engineering. This book covers all levels of AE techniques, from basics for beginners to sophisticated AE algorithms to applications on large-scale structures.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr.-Ing. habil. Christian U. Grosse, born 1961, studied Geophysics at the University of Karlsruhe (TH) and earned his Ph.D. in 1996 in Civil Engineering at the University of Stuttgart followed by his Habilitation in 2005 at the same place. He is University lecturer at the University of Stuttgart and head of the Department of Non-destructive testing and monitoring techniques at the Material Testing Institute MPA, University of Stuttgart. In 2007 he became Associate Director of the MPA. His research interest include the application and development of non-destructive testing methods (ultrasound, acoustic emission, impact-echo, vibration analysis, Radar) as well as structural health monitoring using wireless sensor networks. Dr. Masayasu Ohtsu is a professor at the Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, Japan. Currently, he is a chairman of Technical Committee TC212-ACD in RILEM and a regional editor of the journal Construction and Building Materials for Elsevier. He graduated from Kyoto University, Japan in 1974, and received his Dr. Eng. in 1982. He is also an associate member of Committee 228 on non-destructive testing of concrete in ACI and has been studying the applications of AE techniques to concrete engineering for more than 20 years.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/07/2008
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note270 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight758 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChristian U. Grosse,Masayasu Ohtsu
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.