All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides clear guidelines to enable novice practitioner researchers to move comfortably through a process of inquiry that provides effective solutions to problems in their work lives, whether the setting is in education, health, social work, or business.
- Author BiographyErnest T. Stringer is author of numerous influential books on action research, including Action Research in Education (2008), Action Research in Health (with Bill Genat, 2004), and Action Research in Human Services (with Rosalie Dwyer, 2005). After an early career as primary teacher and school principal, Stringer served as lecturer in education at Curtin University of Technology in Western Australia. From the mid-eighties, based at Curtin's Centre for Aboriginal Studies, he worked collaboratively with Aboriginal staff and community people to develop a wide variety of innovative and highly successful education and community development programs and services. As visiting professor at the University of New Mexico and Texas A&M, he has taught research methods courses and engaged in projects with African American and Latino community and neighborhood groups. As a UNICEF consultant, he recently engaged in a major project to increase parent participation in the schools in East Timor. Stringer has served (until prior to publication of this book) as a member of the editorial board of the Action Research Journal and is past president of the Action Learning and Action Research Association (ALARA).
- Author(s)Ernest T. Stringer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.