Advanced Computational Vibroacoustics: Reduced-Order Models and Uncertainty Quantification by Roger Ohayon, Christian Soize (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £116.29+ £2.80 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by roxy*media*uk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £36.99Free P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by jnc_incorporated
- Est. delivery by 18 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents an advanced computational method for the prediction of sound and structural vibrations in several industries.
- Author BiographyRoger Ohayon joined Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers (CNAM/Structural Mechanics and Coupled Systems Research Laboratory) as Professor Chair of Mechanics, where he is now Emeritus Professor, after completing research at Office National d'Etudes et Recherches Aerospatiales (ONERA), the aerospace research laboratory in France. He is a Fellow of several associations, including AIAA, ASME, IACM, and he is the recipient of the Gay-Lussac Humboldt Research Award, the SPIE's lifetime achievement award, the ASMS/ASME/AIAA Award, the Prandtl Award from Eccomas, several IACM Awards, the EASD Senior Prize, and the French Academy of Sciences Award. His expertise is in mechanical and computational modeling of fluid-structure interaction problems, structural acoustics, and smart structural systems. He is on the editorial board of thirteen international journals, including the International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, and Computational Mechanics, and is the associate editor of the Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures and the AIAA Journal. He is the co-editor of several books and the co-author of more than 100 publications in refereed international journals. He is the co-author of two books, Fluid-Structure Interaction (with H. J.-P. Morand, 1995) and Structural Acoustics and Vibration (with Christian Soize, 1998). Christian Soize joined Universite Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallee after completing research at Office National d'Etudes et Recherches Aerospatiales (ONERA). He is a Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) and has received a number of awards and honors, including the Senior Research Prize from EASD, a research award from the International Association for Structural Safety and Reliability, and the Noury Prize from the French Academy of Sciences. He is the author or co-author of more than 170 papers in refereed international journals and of seven books, including Mathematics of Random Phenomena (with P. Kree, 1986), The Fokker-Planck Equation for Stochastic Dynamical Systems and its Explicit Steady State Solutions (1994), Structural Acoustics and Vibration (with R. Ohayon, 1998), and Stochastic Models of Uncertainties in Computational Mechanics (2012). He has pioneered a number of new approaches in stochastic modeling of complex systems, including fuzzy structure theory, the concept of an energy operator for dynamics in the medium-frequency range, and, more recently, the concept of a nonparametric probabilistic approach for model uncertainties in computational mechanics and vibroacoustics.
- Author(s)Christian Soize,Roger Ohayon
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note16 b/w illus.
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.08Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.