All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced Dairy Chemistry
- Author BiographyPaul L.H. McSweeney MA, PhD, DSc is Professor of Food Chemistry in the School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University College, Cork, Ireland. The overall theme of his research is dairy biochemistry with particular reference to cheese. He is co-author or co-editor of 10 books on dairy chemistry and cheese science, in addition to numerous research papers and reviews. He was awarded the Marschall Danisco International Dairy Science Award of the American Dairy Science Association in 2004 and in 2009 a higher doctorate (DSc) on published work by the National University of Ireland. James (Seamus) A. O'Mahony, PhD, is a Lecturer in Food Science at University College, Cork, Ireland. He graduated from University College Cork with a BSc in Food Science and a PhD in Food Science and Technology in 2001 and 2005, respectively. He conducted part of his PhD studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA in the area of milk protein ingredient development using membrane filtration technology which was funded by a National University of Ireland travel bursary. On completing his PhD, he was awarded a Government of Ireland postdoctoral researcher position at the Teagasc Food Research Centre, Moorepark. Before joining the academic staff of University College Cork in 2010, he worked in a number of industrial research and development positions with Nestle (formerly Wyeth and Pfizer) Nutrition specialising in the development of infant nutritional products for 5 years. He currently has a large research group working in the area of food ingredients, structure, functionality and processing focused on infant, elderly and clinical nutrition applications.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2015
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note101 black & white illustrations, 26 colour illustrations, 55 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1334 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJames A. O'Mahony,P. L. H. McSweeney
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £7.85Trending at £8.62
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.