All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmphasizes the algorithmic side of computer graphics, with a practical application focus, and provides techniques for real world problems. This work offers coverage of color and lighting; texture mapping; blending and compositing; antialiasing; image processing; special effects; natural phenomena; and, artistic and non-photorealistic techniques.
- Author BiographyTom McReynolds has worked on 3D graphics at Sun Microsystems, Silicon Graphics, Gigapixel, 3DFX, and NVIDIA. He has worked in software organizations, writing graphics libraries and drivers, and on the hardware side, writing simulators and verification software for 3D hardware. He presented 3D graphics courses at a number of SIGGRAPH conferences, as well as at a number of Silicon Graphics Developer conferences, an X technical conference, and at LinuxWorld. Tom is currently managing a development team to 3D graphics drivers for embedded GPUs at NVIDIA, and contributing to the evolution of OpenGL-ES by participating in the Khronos working group. David Blythe has worked in the 3D graphics field professionally for the last 14 years, including serving as Chief Engineer at Silicon Graphics, a representative on the OpenGL Architecture Review Board, editor for the OpenGL ES 1.0 specification, and a frequent SIGGRAPH course presenter. While at Silicon Graphics, David contributed to the development of the RealityEngine and InfiniteReality graphics systems. He has worked extensively on implementations of the OpenGL graphics library, OpenGL extension specifications, and high-level toolkits built on top of OpenGL. David's other industry experience includes embedded and system-on-a-chip design, mobile devices, and wireless networking. David is currently a graphics architect in the Windows Graphics and Gaming Technologies division at Microsoft working on DirectX and OpenGL graphics technologies.
- Author(s)David Blythe,Tom McReynolds
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication17/02/2005
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content NoteApprox. 250 illustrations (100 in full color)
- Weight1000 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £15.12
- £22.99Trending at £25.55
- £32.31Trending at £45.59
- £16.97Trending at £18.12
- £13.67Trending at £16.57
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £17.71Trending at £19.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.