All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.86
- £6.41Trending at £7.34
- £9.26Trending at £11.41
- £11.51Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleAdvances in Cryogenic Engineering (Closed)
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1299 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byKlaus D. Timmerhaus
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
- Table Of ContentsSuperconductivity Applications-MHD Magnets.- A-1 Commercial Realization of MHD-A Challenge for Superconducting Magnets.- A-2 Cryogenic Aspects of the U. S. SCMS Superconducting Dipole Magnet for MHD Research.- A-3 Fabrication Experiences and Operating Characteristics of the U. S. SCMS Superconducting Dipole Magnet for MHD Research.- A-4 Design Study of Superconducting Magnets for a Combustion Magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) Generator.- A-5 Design of Superconducting Magnets for Full-Scale MHD Generators.- Superconductivity Applications-Energy Storage.- B-1 0.54-MJ Superconducting Magnetic Energy Transfer and Storage.- B-2 A Superconducting 0.54-MJ Pulsed Energy Storage Coil.- B-3 Design and Development of a Large Superconducting Solenoid with Aluminum-Stabilized Superconductors.- B-4 Conductor for LASL 10-MWhr Superconducting Energy Storage Coil.- B-5 Constant-Tension and Constant-Field Solenoids.- B-6 Results from a Model System of Superconducting Solenoids and Phase-Shifting Bridge for Pulsed Power Studies for Proposed Tokamak EF Coils.- B-7 Pulsed DC Losses in Superconducting Solenoids.- B-8 Dielectric Strength of Helium Vapor and Liquid at Temperatures between 1.4 and 4.2 K.- Superconductivity Applications-Rotating Machinery.- C-1 Experimental Simulation of Cryogenic System for a Large Superconducting Rotor.- C-2 Development of a Helium Transfer Coupling for a Superconducting Generator Rotor.- C-3 High-Speed Helium Transfer System-Evaluation and Testing.- C-4 A Bonded-Strain-Gage Pressure Transducer for High-Speed Liquid Helium Temperature Rotors.- C-5 A Method for Calculating Temperatures in Superconducting Rotors Cooled with Two-Phase Helium.- C-6 Temperature Distribution in Rotating Thermosiphons Containing Two-Phase Helium in Nonisentropic Equilibrium.- Superconductivity Applications-Magnet Technology.- D-1 Basic Study of Superconducting Electromagnetic Thrust Device for Propulsion in Seawater.- D-2 Design and Prototype Fabrication of a 30-Tesla Cryogenic Magnet.- D-3 Production Test of Energy Doubler Magnets.- D-4 Cryogenic Aspects of a Demountable Toroidal Field Magnet System for Tokamak-Type Fusion Reactors.- D-5 Recovery Velocities for Composite Superconductors.- D-6 Effect of Conductor Self-Shielding on Eddy Current Losses.- D-7 Effects of Electrical Shorts on Cryostatic Stable Superconducting Magnets.- D-8 High-Current Power Leads for Tokamak Fusion Reactor Superconducting Magnets.- Cooling Superconducting Systems.- E-1 Vapor Locking as a Limitation to the Stability of Composite Conductors Cooled by Boiling Helium.- E-2 Cryogenic Recovery Analysis of Forced-Flow Supercritical-Helium-Cooled Superconductors.- E-3 Nonstationary Heat Transfer and Temperature State of Cryogenic Cable at Short-Circuit Conditions.- E-4 Temperature Profiles in a Long Gaseous-Helium-Cooled Tube.- E-5 Design and Development of Cryostable Superconducting Ohmic Heating Coils for a Tokamak.- Heat Transfer.- F-1 Two-Phase Choked Flow in Tubes with Very Large L/D.- F-2 Cryogenic Fluid Flow Heat Transfer in a Porous Heat Exchanger.- F-3 Boiling Incipience and Convective Boiling of Neon and Nitrogen.- F-4 Effect of Ice Contamination on Liquid Nitrogen Drops in Film Boiling.- F-5 Estimating Surface Temperature in Forced Convection Nucleate Boiling-A Simplified Method.- F-6 Film Boiling of Liquid Nitrogen on a Sphere in an Enclosure.- F-7 Effects of Natural Convection on Heat Transfer in Porous Cryogenic Insulations.- Heat Transfer in Helium.- G-1 Heat Transfer to Helium in the Near-Critical Region.- G-2 Heat Transfer to Subcooled Liquid Helium.- G-3 Kapitza Conductance of Aluminum and Heat Transport from a Flat Surface through a Large-Diameter Tube to Saturated Helium II.- G-4 Oscillations and Hysteresis of Helium during Lambda Transition above the Thermodynamic Critical Pressure in the Presence of Heat Flow.- G-5 Helium II in Low-Temperature and Superconductive Magnet Engineering.- G-6 Measurements of Axial Heat Transport in Helium II with Forced Convec
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.