All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a series of detailed international case studies, this book traces the history of aviation over the past century, showing how the early promises of flight, symbolized and performed in the spectacular airshows at Hendon and Rheims, evolved into the devastating bombing campaigns of World War II and the rise of international terrorism.
- Author BiographyPeter Adey is Lecturer in Cultural Geography at Keele University, Staffordshire, England. His research interests include the study of mobility and cultures of aviation and security. Adey is the author of Mobility (2009).
- Author(s)Peter Adey
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRGS-IBG Book Series
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight574 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.