All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology provides comprehensive coverage of the major contributions of analytic philosophy to aesthetics and the philosophy of art, from the earliest beginnings in the 1950a s to the present time. aeo Traces the contributions of the analytic tradition to aesthetics and the philosophy of art, from the 1950a s to the present time.
- Author BiographyPeter Lamarque is Professor of Philosophy and Head of Department at the University of York. He has published widely on fictionality, philosophy of literature, and aesthetics, including Truth, Fiction, and Literature (1994, with Stein Haugom Olsen) and Fictional Points of View (1996). He is Editor of the British Journal of Aesthetics and was also philosophy subject editor for the 10--volume Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics. Stein Haugom Olsen is Chair Professor of Humanities and Head of the Department of Philosophy at Lingnan University, Hong Kong. He is the author of The Structure of Literary Understanding (1978) and The End of Literary Theory (1987), as well as more than forty articles on literary theory, literary criticism, and aesthetics. He is an elected fellow of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- Series TitleBlackwell Philosophy Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note10
- Weight1242 g
- Width188 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byPeter Lamarque,Stein Haugom Olsen
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £10.90
- £6.68Trending at £7.34
- £4.68Trending at £4.84
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.