All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Christine Berberich,Professor Neil Campbell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 20 b&w illustrations
- Weight636 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byRobert Hudson
- Table Of ContentsContents: Preface, Kathleen Stewart; Introduction: affective landscapes, Christine Berberich, Neil Campbell and Robert Hudson. Part I Peripheral Cultures: 'You're not in Ireland now': landscape and loss in Irish women's poetry, Deirdre O'Byrne; At some distance from the Scottish mainland: urban television producers and Hebridean Islands, David Dunn. Part II Memory and Mobility: Placing affect: remembering strangers at roadside crash shrines, Robert M. Bednar; Speed and stillness: driving in the countryside, Rosemary Shirley. Part III Suburbs and Estates: Doomed developments in the desert: re-reading land development, the American family and ordinary places in a time of 'cruel optimism', Nancy S. Cook; A child in the suburb, Martin Dines; At once irrational and objective: photography's construction of place, Andy Lock. Part IV Literature and Place: 'Other than they were': fair places full of folk, Michael W. Thomas; Great plains' vernacular: why spatial idiolect matters, Sue Naramore Maher; 'The last pure place on earth': Antarctic affect in Jenny Diski's Skating to Antarctica and Sara Wheeler's Terra Incognita, Joanna Price; Plots: the narrative of place in contemporary nature writing, Daniel Weston. Part V Sensescapes: Dancing - worlding the beach: revealing connections through phenomenological movement inquiry, Victoria Hunter; Listening at home, Katharine Norman; In-between places: envisioning and accessing new landscapes, Richard Keating and Sue Porter. Afterword: from affect to landscape and back, David Crouch; Index.
- Author BiographyChristine Berberich is Senior Lecturer in English Literature at the University of Portsmouth, Neil Campbell is Professor of American Studies in the College of Law, Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Derby, and Robert Hudson is Professor of European History and Cultural Politics in the College of Law, Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Derby.
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £42.49
- £8.90Trending at £9.52
- £8.77Trending at £9.05
- £6.42Trending at £6.94
- £7.65Trending at £8.61
- £4.99Trending at £5.44
- £3.86Trending at £6.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.