All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfrica's Last Romantic: The Films, Books and Expeditions of John L. Brom captures the drama and excitement of John L. Brom's film expeditions from 1949 to 1962 through sub-Saharan Africa. This book is a useful addition to college courses in Third World cinema, cinema studies, and African history.
- Author BiographyOlga Brom Spencer, PhD, a former faculty member at New York University, served as Executive Director of the Center for Family Development, Inc., in Westchester, New York, and the World Trade Center until her retirement. The focus of her studies was the family, women's changing roles and aging issues. She accompanied her first husband, Dr. John L. Brom to Africa on three occasions and used her African experiences in her books and articles. For her contribution to aging issues, she received a National Award to Seniors remitted in AARP headquarters in Washington, D.C. Glenn Reynolds is Associate Professor of Non-Western History at Mount Saint Mary College in Newburgh, New York. Graduating from the University of California, Berkeley, with a BA in political science, Reynolds earned a PhD in history from SUNY-Stonybrook with a primary research agenda in African film studies and a specialty in colonial cinema. He is the editor of Images out of Africa: The Virginia Garner Diaries of the Africa Motion Picture Project (2011) and has published articles in the Journal of Social History, Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Journal of Southern African Studies, and the South African Historical Journal.
- Author(s)Glenn Reynolds,Olga Brom Spencer
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £7.83Trending at £8.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.