CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
About this product
- DescriptionMy Very Long Youth is poet, linguist and self-taught historian Lawrence Bohme's 16-part exploration of the Western Word in the second half of the 20th century, told in the narrator's inimitable and vivacious - but always clear - manner, and illustrated with his original drawings and photographs, as well as other documents which shed light on the free-wheeling spectrum of his passions - music, architecture, food, people in general and women of all kinds in particular. Bohme, who travels on a British Passport but describes himself as a Eurican, was born in London in 1942 under Hitler's rockets to a footloose refugee from Berlin and a highly romantic English rose. Soon after the war the family settled in Vancouver, but 10 years later Lawrence and his mother, an aspiring painter, set off on their own through the more exciting parts of the New World and the Old One too, in search of art, beauty, love and lasting happiness - of which, alas, we found all but the last. Always philosophical, though, he insists that What I want most is to depart from this world kwing more about it than when I arrived. Follow Lawrence as he relives his 40 years of good times, tight spots, some nasty scrapes and mostly hand-to-mouth wanderings - you won't want to come back!
- Author(s)Lawrence Bohme
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date02/02/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.