All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines after-school programs, exploring how - and why - young people thrive in good programs and suffer in weak ones.
- Author BiographyBarton J. Hirsch is Professor of Human Development and Social Policy at Northwestern University. An internationally recognized authority on after-school programs and positive youth development, his earlier book, A Place to Call Home: After-School Programs for Urban Youth, won the Social Policy Award for Best Authored Book from the Society for Research on Adolescence. Nancy L. Deutsch is Associate Professor of Educational Leadership and Foundations at the University of Virginia's Curry School of Education and Associate Director for Methodology at Youth-NEX, University of Virginia's Center for Effective Youth Development. A scholar of the socio-ecological contexts of development, she is the author of Pride in the Projects: Teens Building Identities in Urban Contexts. David L. DuBois is Professor in the Division of Community Health Sciences within the School of Public Health at the University of Illinois, Chicago. His research focuses on youth mentoring relationships and programs for positive youth development. He is the co-editor of the Handbook of Youth Mentoring, which received the Social Policy Award for Best Edited Book from the Society for Research on Adolescence.
- PrizesWinner of Society for Research on Adolescence Best Authored Book Awards 2012.
- Author(s)Barton J. Hirsch,David L. DuBois,Nancy L. Deutsch
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus. 8 tables
- Weight600 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.35Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
- £30.25Trending at £30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.