All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy turns humorous, learned, celebratory, and elegiac, the author displays a keen intelligence and a flair for language that turn bits of common, everyday life into resonant narrative. He maintains a conversational charm while taking the contemporary personal essay to a new level of complexity and candour.
- Author BiographyPhillip Lopate is a professor of English at Hofstra University and teaches in the MFA graduate programs at Columbia, the New School, and Bennington. He is the editor of American Movie Critics: An Anthology from the Silents until Now and has published two novels and numerous nonfiction collections, including Portrait of My Body and Totally, Tenderly, Tragically.
- Author(s)Phillip Lopate
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width3640 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byPhillip Lopate
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £11.99Trending at £12.86
- £8.99Trending at £10.05
- £7.49Trending at £9.99
- £8.87Trending at £17.14
- £5.77Trending at £6.09
- £7.75Trending at £8.04
- £5.15Trending at £7.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.