All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.94Trending at £5.25
- £10.25Trending at £11.41
- £6.16Trending at £6.48
- £11.35Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £13.87
- £9.95Trending at £12.97
About this product
- DescriptionAn ambitious Roman, Agrippina murdered and married her way to the throne and to being declared a goddess, making many enemies along the way - including her own son. With details about how she came to power, lived, and died, this resource also includes information about ancient Roman society.
- Author BiographyShirin Yim Bridges' first book, Ruby's Wish, was a Publishers Weekly Best Children's Book and won the Ezra Jack Keats award. It is on several state reading lists, has been translated into seven languages, and is now in its eleventh edition. The Umbrella Queen made TIME/CNN's Top 10 Lists and was also named a Best Children's Book by the Bank Street College of Education. Horrible Hauntings won an IRA/CBC Children's Choices Award. Mary Wrightly So Politely launched in April 2013 to starred reviews in both Kirkus and Publishers Weekly. To date, every book that Shirin has written or published has achieved national acclaim. Peter Malone has illustrated over twenty children's books for such publishers as Chronicle, Knopf, Putnam, Running Press, and Scholastic. In addition to creating gorgeous illustrations, he wrote the book, Close to the Wind, about the use of the Beaufort scale for measuring wind force at sea. School Library Journal called it informative and utterly charming. He lives in Bath, England, with his wife, a restorer of paintings, and their two grown daughters.
- Author(s)Shirin Yim Bridges
- PublisherGoosebottom Books Llc
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleThe Thinking Girl's Treasury of Dastardly Dames
- Place of PublicationFoster City, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoosebottom Books Llc
- Content Note42 colour photos, 2 colour illus, 1 line drawing, 8 w/c illus, 1 chart, 1 table & 1 map
- Weight344 g
- Width228 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Malone
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.