All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in systems technology continue to ally systems and avionics, with aircraft support and flight systems ever increasingly controlled and monitored by electronics.
- Author BiographyLan Moir After 20 years in the royal Air Force as an engineering officer, Ian went on to Smiths Industries in the UK where he was involved in a number of advanced projects. Since retiring from Smiths he is now in demand as a highly respected consultant. Ian has a brad and detailed experience working in aircraft avionics systems in both military and civil aircraft. From the RAF Tornado and Apache helicopter to the Boeing 777, Ian's work has kept him at the forefront of new system developments and integrated systems in the areas of more-electric technology and systems implementations. He has a special interest in fostering training and education in aerospace engineering. Allan Seabridge was until recently the Chief Flight Systems Engineer at BAE Systems at Warton in Lancashire in the UK. In over 30 years in the aerospace industry his work has latterly included the avionics systems on the Nimrod MRA 4 and Lockheed Martin Lightning II (Joint Strike Fighter) as well as a the development of a range of flight and avionics systems on a wide range of fast jets, training aircraft and ground and maritime surveillance projects. Spending much of his time between Europe and the US, Allan is fully aware of systems developments worldwide. he is also keen to encourage a further understanding of integrated engineering systems. An interest in engineering education continues with the design and delivery of systems and engineering courses at a number of UK universities at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Author(s)Allan Seabridge,Ian Moir
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2008
- GenreTransport Technology
- Series TitleAerospace Series
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1050 g
- Width173 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.30Trending at £11.41
- £12.46Trending at £12.74
- £11.78Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £13.87
- £23.95Trending at £24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.