All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book argues that the narrative of Alexandria's cosmopolitanism was in tune with colonial modernity. The Alexandria Archive is a comparative study of representations of cosmopolitanism in texts by C.P. Cavafy, E.M. Forster, Lawrence Durrell, and Bernard de Zogheb from the late nineteenth century to the late twentieth century.
- Author BiographyHala Halim is Assistant Professor of Middle Eastern Studies and Comparative Literature at New York University.
- Author(s)Hala Halim
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Note12 b/w illustrations
- Weight851 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.