Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- Author BiographyErnest Shult studied finite groups with Michio Suzuki and held visiting fellowships at the University of Chicago and the Princeton Institute for Advanced Study in the 1960's. He continued to contribute to finite groups until he got interested in incidence geometry, In 1987-8 he received a US Scientist Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in Freiburg Germany. David Surowski studied with Larry C. Grove and wrote numerous papers on the representation theory of groups with (B,N) pairs. Eventually his research came to include regular maps on surfaces. He was the recipient of many teaching awards and directed two summer institutes for young students of high ability. He died in March 2011.
- Author(s)David Surowski,Ernest Shult
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication17/07/2015
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight854 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.