All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.95Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis book develops the method of algebraic patching to realize finite groups and, more generally, to solve finite split embedding problems over fields. The method succeeds over rational function fields of one variable over ample fields .
- Author BiographyMoshe Jarden was born in 1942 in Tel Aviv, Israel. In 1970 he received his Ph.D in Mathematics from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem having Hillel Furstenberg as his thesis advisor. He spent three years (1972-1974) at the Mathematisches Institut of Heidelberg with Peter Roquette as his mentor and habilitated there in 1972. The years he spent in Heidelberg laid the foundation to a long termed cooperation with German mathematicians, especially with Peter Roquette, Wulf-Dieter Geyer, Gerhard Frey, and Juergen Ritter. As a token to his achievements in Mathematics and his fruitful cooperation with German mathematicians the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation granted Jarden in 2001 the L. Meithner-A.v.Humboldt Prize. In the autumn of 1974 Jarden returned to Israel and joined the School of Mathematics of Tel Aviv University, where he became a full professor in 1982 and the incumbent of the Cissie and Aaron Beare chair in Algebra and Number Theory in 1998. Jointly with Michael Fried, Jarden published the book Field Arithmetic in the series Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete of Springer. He won the Landau Prize for the publication of that book. Moshe Jarden inherited his love to Mathematics from his father Dr. Dov Jarden who was both a Hebrew linguistic and a mathematician. He is married to Rina, has three daughters Kmeha, Hemyat, and Uri, and a son Guy. He also has thirteen grandchildren and lives in Mevasseret Zion, near Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Moshe Jarden
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.