Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of tutorial and research papers introduces readers to diverse areas of modern pure and applied algebraic combinatorics and finite geometries. There is special emphasis on algorithmic aspects and the use of the theory of Grobner bases.
- Author BiographyMikhail Klin graduated from Kiev State University. He has taught future engineers, chemists, teachers of mathematics, and programmers in Ukraine and Russia, serving as a Senior Research Associate in the USSR Academy of Sciences N.D.Zelinskii Institute of Organic Chemistry. Since 1992 he has lived in Israel, visiting universities in the USA, Germany and Fiji. He works in areas of algebraic combinatorics, computer algebra and permutation group theory, and is coauthor of a textbook and co-editor of several collections of papers. Gareth Jones graduated from Oxford University, and has spent his career at Southampton University where he is a professor of mathematics. He is co-author of three textbooks, and has published over 60 papers, mainly on group theory and its applications to combinatorics, Galois theory, topology, physics and chemistry. Aleksandar Jurisic received Ph.D. from the University of Waterloo in '95 in the field of algebraic combinatorics. He teaches mathematics, cryptography and computer security at the Faculty of Computer and Informatic Science, the University of Ljubljana. His main research interests are discrete mathematics and geometry. In 2005 he co-founded the Slovenian Society of Cryptology. Mikhail Muzychuk got his Ph.D. from Kiev State University in 1988. In 1991 he moved to Israel. Since then he has been teaching mathematical courses for students of different specialities. Nowadays he is a professor at Netanya Academic College. His main research areas are algebraic combinatorics and group theory. He had published 60 papers in these areas and edited two collections of papers. Ilya Ponomarenko graduated from the St.Petersburg (Leningrad) State University in 1979 with a degree in Operations Research. After working for 11 years as a programmer, he worked as a researcher (now leading researcher) in the V.A.Steklov Institute of Mathematics at St.Petersburg, Russian Academy of Sciences, Laboratory of Representation Theory and Computational Methods. In 1986 he obtained his PhD, working on polynomial-time isomorphism testing for graphs, and in 2006 his Dr.Sci., on automorphism groups of association schemes. He is interested in algebraic combinatorics (coherent configurations and permutation groups) and computational complexity (especially the Graph Isomorphism Problem). He has over 50 papers published in refereed mathematical journals.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication21/09/2009
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1390 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byM.H. Klin
- Volume editorAleksandar Jurisic,Gareth A. Jones,Ilia Ponomarenko,Mikhail Muzychuk
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.