All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe two 'Alice' books are masterpieces of carefree nonsense for children and also embody layers of satire and allusion and mathematical, linguistic, and philosophical jokes. This new edition explores their complex status and the many interpretations of them, taking account of the most recent research and critical opinion.
- Author BiographyPeter Hunt has written or edited around 20 books on children's literature, and more than 150 articles. He was awarded the Brothers Grimm Award for services to children's literature in 2003. He is one of the editors of the Norton Anthology of Children's Literature (2005) and his other books include An Introduction to Children's Literature (OUP, 1994), Children's Literature: An Illustrated History (OUP, 1995), Children's Literature 1802-1902, An Anthology (Blackwell, 2000) and Children's Literature, A Guide (Blackwell, 2001).
- Author(s)Lewis Carroll
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2009
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteintegrated black and white illustrations by Sir John Tenniel
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byPeter Hunt
- Illustrator(s)Sir John Tenniel
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £68.97Trending at £74.74
- £8.01Trending at £8.34
- £13.75Trending at £17.07
- £11.99Trending at £14.99
- £2.81Trending at £3.85
- £3.70Trending at £3.74
- £3.17Trending at £3.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.