All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £6.34Trending at £7.29
- £9.26Trending at £11.22
- £12.40Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £32.38Trending at £32.74
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2003 study uses evidence from early English verse to determine when certain sound changes took place.
- Author BiographyDonka Minkova is Professor of English Language at the University of California, Los Angeles. She has published widely in the fields of English and Germanic historical phonology and syntax, historical dialectology and English historical metrics. She is the author of The History of Final Vowels in English (1991) and of English Words: History and Structure (with Robert Stockwell, Cambridge University Press, 2001). She is also co-editor, with Robert Stockwell of Studies in the History of the English Language: A Millennial Perspective.
- Author(s)Donka Minkova
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/03/2003
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 101
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight790 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.